Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fused Glass Vase Hard at Work

Lucky for this vase, which I made over the winter, the elementary school around the corner from my house has raised beds of flowers that they encourage neighbors to pick. So after almost becoming a change jar during the frosty winter...pardon me...icy winter months, I am happy to say the cityscape flower vase will be put to work full-time for the next couple summer months.

The process of draping fused glass to form this vase required me to create a large fused glass square. I then tack fused it (which means to fuse at a lower temperature), setting it on a stainless steel cup so that it dripped over the edges and formed this vase-like shape.

CityScapes, Not a Starry Night 
fused glass
2014

CityScapes, Not a Starry Night (2)
fused glass
2014

And now let's see the lovely wildflowers..



1 comment: