Thursday, February 27, 2014

Monoprinting Learning Curves, II



Armed with a spray bottle of water, an acrylic plate (9.5" x 6.75"), 
a little more instruction and determination I gave monoprinting another go.

The results are round two weren't all a success.  I continued to 
struggle with the paint drying to fast despite having switched to oil paints.
Adding linseed oil to the paint seemed to help.  It made the paint brush onto
the template much smoother, but I think I was happier using acrylic.
Spraying the paper with water was also helpful during the transfer process.

Stairwell
9.5"w x 6.75"h
oil paint monoprint on bristol board

Stairwell 2
6.75"w x 9.5"h
oil paint monoprint on bristol board

Cave Drippings
9.5"w x 6.75"h
oil paint monoprint on bristol board

Cave Drippings 2
9.5"w x 6.75"h
oil paint monoprint on bristol board
(a two print process: the lighter drippings first, the black background second)

Cave Textures
6.75"w x 9.5"h
oil paint monoprint on bristol board

I headed over to Arlene's Art Supply after this to get acrylic retarder, which
will greatly slow the paints drying time and some gesso to make for an 
even smoother transfer.  I'm hoping for better results with my next round.


No comments:

Post a Comment