Monday, December 16, 2013

Landscape Class, 3

Focusing on fauna I studied a bee...


and documented the process.


 In the beginning of class I did small studies of different areas
of a bee's body.  I tried to choose parts with different textures.


(left) bee eye, (top right) wing, (bottom) leg


What now appears to be a very abstract pencil drawing is actually
where the bee's wing connects to the body.
I used a piece of white paper with a square cut out of it
to frame a small portion of the photograph.  Then I focused on
drawing what was inside the frame.

Did you notice I did not post about class 2??  I was getting over 
a horrible cold and missed it.  Hopefully I will have some time to 
make it up in an open studio class, a time when artists can 
drop in, use the materials and create art.



No comments:

Post a Comment