Monday, October 21, 2013

Landscape Painting, Class 3


Technically the 2nd class for me after I completely forgot about 
class last week...opps!  Lucky for me the people at Davis Studios 
are so accommodating they offered to let me attend an open studio
day to make up for the lost time.  I found this very nice 
considering it was my own fault and for no good reason that
I missed last week.


We began by learning some new techniques for tackling waves
and water.  Although I'm not sure my wave was a success I 
am happy with the "how to" knowledge I gained.  We 
worked in pastels and focused on darks, lights and shading.



While the rest of the class went back to their small study 
of clouds I began mine.  I decided to work from the picture I 
started with in the first class.  We continued working in water
soluble oil paint but switched to a small canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment