Sunday, September 16, 2012

Art Hop Thanks!!

I want to extend my appreciation to everyone who made this year's
Art Hop a success.  There was a little rain on Saturday evening which 
seemed to thin the crowds for a few hours but it didn't keep people away 
all night.  Sunday, a usually mellow day, was the busiest yet (and the day
I made the most sales- go figure).  



I spent Friday hopping myself so I apologize if I missed you, but with so much
great art and music it's to hard to resist taking part.  I finished off the night at my
end result and pick up a "map" of the ceiling.  I was lucky enough to participate 
and paint a tile.  I completed my tile early on and wow was I impressed with
the finished collage of amazing artwork.  If you missed this installation it is a must see
(and the pizza rocks!).


above: ceiling map

Saturday I put in some volunteer time at S.P.A.C.E. in the morning hanging flyers, 
and putting up vinyl stickers.  It got me up and out of bed early and best of all I 
was given an awesome S.P.A.C.E. Gallery t-shirt made by a fellow collective member.
They are still for sale in the Backspace if anyone is interested.

A few days, after all the chaos of the weekend, I went around the Soda Plant 
and photographed my studio space, the gallery shows and the 20 Mediums
show in the Soda Plant hallways.  I will post some pictures of my work and a few of 
my favorite pieces by other artists in the next couple days.

****On another note****
Sunday I sold a piece from my birch bark collection that depicted a Colchester sunset
over Lake Champlain.  Unfortunately I never had a chance to get a photograph of the piece. 
If you are the painting's new owner and you happen to be reading this I would really 
appreciate if you could snap a picture of it and send me a copy.  I'd gladly give away 
any illustration print of your choosing in return for this favor.

Once again to everyone at Art Hop...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Until next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment